MS Outlook uses an Outlook data file, known as PST or Personal Storage Table. This tool is use to store all the email messages and other mailbox items. There are two types of Outlook PST files: ANSI PST and Unicode PST. ANSI is the default file format of Ms Outlook 2002 and its previous version. It can save up to 2GB of data’s. While Unicode PST is the default file format of MS Outlook 2003 and its later versions. A Unicode file can store data up to 20 GB and in MS Outlook 2010 version it can store up to 50 GB of data. If a PST file exceeds from the limited size it can be corrupt. An oversized PST files are the main reason of corruption. Your MS Outlook application may hang while opening an oversized PST file or user may experience poor performance. Once a PST file becomes corrupted it cannot be opened in MS Outlook. Main reason behind this abnormal behavior of MS Outlook is an oversized PST file.
Oversized files are not the only reason behind PST file corruption; there are several reason which may corrupt or damage your PST data files such as hard drive failure, virus attacks, sudden shutdown of system, storage media malfunction, unexpected cancellation of MS Outlook etc.
Microsoft Outlook provides a built-in repair function, which can be used to repair corrupt PST files. This Inbox Repair tool of MS Outlook is commonly known as SCANPST.EXE. This file is installed at the time of MS Office or MS Outlook installation.
To repair corrupt outlook file first go to the location of Microsoft outlook. Check if there any MS Outlook program is not running on the systemic. If any program is running then closed it immediately. If you find SCANPST.EXE file the following steps are required:
2. Then Double-click .
3. Here you will see pop of A short window Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool
4. Click to Browse to select corrupt PST file from the system directory.
5. A new window “Select File to scan” will pop up here. Select desired corrupt PST file.
6. Now you can see the Selected PST file on the edit box. Now click on Start to start the scanning.
7. will start scanning of the corrupt PST file
8. Within a few seconds your file will be scanned. Now you can see the errors and issues on the dialog box.
9. You will find a new popup window of “Make backup of scanned file before repairing” is checked by default. Now click on Repair button to repair the scanned PST file.
10. Within couple of minutes your file will be repaired and you will see this message on your computer screen-
Generally can repair a corrupt PST files successfully. But if your file is severely corrupted this tool can not fix it. is useful to fix minor issues from corrupt PST files.
In that case we suggest our user to try third party application. With the help of this application, you can repair pst file easily and also recover deleted emails, which will show you in preview items. All this process happened in free version license. But you cannot save the emails until you purchase the full version license.
Good thing about this application is that, you are completely assure before purchasing the software and also you will get 30 days money back guarantee. And price is very competitive. You can download this application from here: